This week, we wiki God with Anne Woolger, founder of Matthew House Toronto, a home for refugees and displaced people who find themselves in Toronto.
Anne and I talk about:
- how she came to believe at a young age that following Jesus should cost something;
- her first encounter with a refugee and his heartbreaking story;
- how she came to formally work with refugees;
- the three kinds of refugees in Canada and their different challenges;
- the steps in Anne’s story that prepared her to take on the momentous task of starting a home for refugees;
- the amazing 7-year journey that brought Matthew House into being;
- what day-to-day looks like at Matthew House;
- how we can engage Matthew House and work with displaced persons in Toronto.