This week we are wikiing God with Dr. Ian Scott, Associate Professor of New Testament at Tyndale Seminary. His research interests include the letters of Paul, ways of knowing (epistemology) in the biblical tradition, and the early Jewish context of the New Testament. Mark sits down with Ian in his office to get his story and discuss what we can learn from the Apostle Paul when it comes to traditional and modern thinking towards theology.
Dr. Ian Scott Talks About…
- life from childhood to youth pastor to his role in academia
- his path to the intellectual side of learning and teaching
- understanding Paul the person and why we wrestle with his writings
- how we come to know theology and address our own overlooked biases
- valuing tradition while leaving space for God to work in fresh new ways
Have a question or comment about this week’s episode? Leave a note in the comments below!
About the Podcast
Mark Groleau sits down with fellow Jesus-followers, sharing their beliefs and stories to “wiki” a better understanding of God. This is where theology and faith collide to help each other grow and shape a more compelling God for everyone.