This week we are wikiing God with Thea Prescod, a graduate of McMaster University with a bachelor of science in nursing. As a street nurse for many years, Thea now integrates new members into community at Sanctuary Toronto, particularly women and our First Nations neighbours. She is also the the co-founder of Junia’s Daughters. On this podcast, Thea sits down with Mark to discuss some of our most marginalized communities, as well as how they fit with church outreach today.
Thea Prescod and Mark Talk About…
- how she gravitated to doing nurse work on the street with some of Toronto’s most vulnerable
- the organizations that supported her and people who influenced her along the way
- plights of people she is in community with, their needs are, and how she is served by them
- why relationships and friendships with street-involved folks can become the most rewarding
- been marginalized herself as a black kid in a white community
- her troubled teens and her sensitivity for inclusion as she got older
- what drew her to nursing and particularly to caring for street-involved Torontonians
- how people of faith might engage and her vision for a good city
About the Podcast
Mark Groleau sits down with fellow Jesus-followers, sharing their beliefs and stories to “wiki” a better understanding of God. This is where theology and faith collide to help each other grow and shape a more compelling God for everyone.